Have you always dreamed of quickly processing text without intervening manually to cope with dozens of small problems? If your answer is “Yes”, then learn to use Regular Expressions (“Regex” for friends)! Using Regex in Clean Text for Mac and Clean Text for iOS greatly increases your power, accuracy and speed in text processing. Do you know for example that with Regex you can exchange all the occurrences of these two words in a document with just one click?
From: “Jobs Steve” to “Steve Jobs“
We have created a page with some examples of everyday use of Regex which can serve as a first approach to understand some basics on the subject. All you need to do is learn just a couple of these examples to start getting a big advantage right away.
Remember that Regex is a very flexible system, and ours are just examples that you can then customize and improve as you like:
- Examples of using Regular Expressions on Mac
- Examples of using Regular Expressions on iPhone and iPad
And if you discover that you love Regular Expressions, online you will find many sites dedicated to learning with tutorials and examples, for example regular-expressions.info. Become a Regex expert, your work on the text will become very fast!
- Clean Text for iOS in App Store Apple
- One More Go at iOS Text Manipulation MacSparky
- Clean Text tidies up messy text on iOS Cult of Mac
- Clean Text for iOS Helps Fix Your Formatting and More LifeHacker
- How to use the URL Scheme feature in Clean Text for iOS Apimac
- How to use Workflow for iOS when you don’t know where to start iMore