Clean Text is an essential tool for webmasters, graphic designers, developers and magazine editors made to reduce text cleanup and editing time, and it is a very convenient tool for all Mac users that need to cleanup and editing text from emails, documents, or other material.
Clean, fix, remove, strip, replace, extract… Quickly.
Clean Text quickly performs many essential text processing functions such as removing empty lines, removing unwanted spaces, converting tab characters, smart quotes, and more. In addition to this, customizable tasks let you solve with a single click, repetitive and complex cleaning problems of text found in email messages, documents and web pages.
Accelerate your search and replace work.
While you type in the search box all occurrences within the text will be highlighted to give you a complete picture, then with the Select Next and Select Previous buttons you can gradually select instances to edit or change them. Also Ignore Case, Contains, Starts With and Full Word, act immediately on the highlighted text and will allow you to do the replacements with millimeter accuracy. And with infinite undoes, your chance to try, becomes a tool to do a good job.
Natural Language Processing
Instantly identify names, places and organizations mentioned in the text.
Clean Text takes advantage of Apple’s Core ML, a new foundational machine learning framework to deeply understand text. The Entities functionality of the app uses machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) to instantly identify and select personal names, place names and organization names mentioned in the text.
Type on Mac
…and send your text to iOS devices via iCloud.
With Clean Text, you can write text on Mac and then find it on any iOS device. Thanks to iCloud, you will find in Clean Text for iPhone and iPad, exactly the text that you have just typed on Mac. Just use the dedicated popup menu to send or receive the text via iCloud (Clean Text for iOS requires a separate purchase).
Easily create automated tasks.
With the new Tasks feature, you can easily create automated tasks that perform a series of processing actions and replacements in the text. Creating tasks is within everyone’s reach, and if you’re an advanced user, you can also include Regular Expressions patterns in your tasks.
Use Regular Expressions
Accelerate your search and replace work using Regex.
When you search and replace text, if you are an advanced user, you can use Regex (Regular Expressions). Using Regex, in combination of text, you can find quickly tabs, paragraph breaks, page breaks, word starting or ending with a particular character, dates, URLs, email addresses and so on. Just go to the Regex pane and choose from the Commonly Used Expressions popup menu the item you want to insert on the Expression box.
Find out how to speed up your text search and replace work with Regex by looking at these examples of everyday use.
Many reasons to use Clean Text
Simple to use but powerful in functionality.
Clean Text supports the latest macOS technologies, such as: iCloud to access the same text from any Mac and iOS device, Touch Bar for quickly enter Emoji, easy share with Mail, Messages, Note, Reminder, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and any other extension to share other apps had installed in your Mac, document advanced tabbed browsing and infinite undoes and redoes functionality. The app is written in Swift, the new fast and powerful Apple’s coding language.
The main text processing features of Clean Text are:
- Smart Clean and Clean and Compact text.
- Clean Clipboard content without the need to paste it in the app.
- Fix spaces and line breaks, join paragraphs and strip quote prefix.
- Trim spaces and empty lines.
- Replace tabs with spaces, spaces with tabs, spaces with returns and returns with spaces.
- Replace one return with two returns and vice versa.
- Convert from three periods to ellipsis and from ellipsis to three periods.
- Convert quotation marks: curved quotes, straight quotes, angle quotes and Chinese quotes.
- Convert from single to double and from double to single quotes.
- Change case to sentence case, title case, uppercase, lovercase and random case.
- Remove empty lines, spaces, returns, duplicate words and duplicate lines.
- Convert HTML to plain text and URL encoding.
- Convert emoji and symbols to their description.
- ROT13 encode (replaces a letter with the letter 13 letters after it in the alphabet).
- Increase and decrease text indent.
- Add and remove line numbers and quote Prefix.
- Sort lines, sort lines in reverse, order words alphabetically and reverse text.
- Convert to upside down and to mirrored pseudo text.
- Extract Links, Email Addresses, Phone numbers and Unique Words.
- Find and Replace with live highlighting of matches.
- Regular Expression live search and substitution.
- Characters, words, spaces and lines count.
- Calculate estimated reading time
- Automatically select personal, place and organization names mentioned in the text.
Don’t you need all these features? The Menu version of Clean Text is for you.
- Study: two spaces after a period makes reading easier Boing Boing
- Clean Text tidies up messy text on iOS Cult of Mac
- Clean Text 7 per Mac sfrutta il Machine Learning Macitynet
- One more go at iOS text manipulation MacSparky