Encrypt Email for Mac
THE EASY-TO-USE SOLUTION TO SEND ENCRYPTED EMAIL MESSAGES
Encrypt Email is a easy-to-use solution to send encrypted email messages. To send a message, simply double-click a person in the contact list and a new message window appears already addressed. To send an encrypted file, drag the file over the recipient’s name and check the encryption option. Encrypt Email will then ask the user to provide a password of the their choice to protect the archive. The application also offers the possibility to anonymize the names of the file attachments to be sent. Encrypt Email does not store sent files and even has an option to prevent tracking of sent messages.
PROTECT EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE FROM PRYING EYES
As Businesses rely increasingly on electronic mail to correspond with co-workers, colleagues and their customers, more sensitive and confidential information is transferred over Internet, and the need for email privacy becomes omnipresent. This is especially true with the high volume of businesses sending invoices as file attachments as well as other personal documents. Now more than ever, encryption is the only solution to protect email correspondence from prying eyes.
FOR BOTH PERSONAL AND BUSINESS USE
Perfect for both personal and business use, Encrypt Email is an easy-to-use client for sending encrypted emails and encrypted attachments. Mac based recipients will receive a DMG password protected file. Windows and Linux based recipients will receive a ZIP password protected archive instead.
- When user chooses Mac users recipients, the app creates AES-128 Encrypted DMG files.
- When user chooses Windows users recipients, and preferences are set to use .7z encryption, the app creates AES-256 Encrypted 7Zip files.
- When user chooses Windows users recipients, and preferences are set to use .zip encryption, the app creates standard ZipCrypto files.
AES encryption is one of the most secure encryption methods and widely adopted by many governments. See Security section of Advanced Encryption Standard at Wikipedia to learn more. Instead ZipCrypto is rather weak as protection. Keep in mind when deciding which to use. Visit Info-Zip FAQ to learn more.
You can choose these options in the preferences of the app.
- Perfect for Business – Send Invoices, Statements and Personal Correspondence
- Easy to Use – Attach file to encrypt via Drag & Drop
- Support for both .dmg and .zip File Compression
For any product information, please contact our support, we are happy to provide information about our software and technical assistance.
- Mac computer with an Intel processor.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later (Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion).
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended).
- Approximately 14MB of available disk space.
- Note: Some email providers as Gmail, won’t accept encrypted ZIP files attachments.
- Mac Data Protection – Make sure you select the right application for the data you wish to protect [Apimac]
- E-mail privacy [Wikipedia]
- Envelopes, postcards and e-mail privacy [ITworld]
- The bad guys [Privacyresources.org]
- Email Privacy [Emailprivacy.info]
- How Reading an Email Can Compromise Your Privacy [About.com]
- Does the Security Rule allow for sending electronic PHI (e-PHI) in an email or over the Internet? If so, what protections must be applied? [U.S. Department of Health & Human Services]
- What is encryption? [U.S. Department of Health & Human Services]
- HIPAA Compliant Secure Email Mac OS Desktop Encryption [Fast Networks!]